Today was definitely a snack day. Last day of my time on the road so should be the last of these…hopefully!! After a 13hr work day then 2 hrs on the road ending with a tow truck and stuck in a random hotel for dinner while my car was with AAA, I was happy that at least my body was still feeling good
Morning Drink-Coconut water
- My fridge is FILLED with Amy and Brian Natural coconut water. And when I jump on theroad, I take a few of these with me and I’m good to go. Also, by far one of the best brands of coconut water I’ve had. I’m a fan of pulp so its even better!
Snack-sweet pepper w/spaghetti sauce
- I just happened to have a bag of small sweet peppers and a jar filled with extra spaghetti sauce from dinner last week. This was actually addicting! I’d definitely say make extra of that sauce just so you can use it for veggie dip. mmmm good!.
Snack-Thai curry nuts
- Of course I always carry a few bags of Living Intentions Gone Nuts in my car. The Thai Curry flavor is one of my addictions. I could easily go through this bag in a minute! I especially love the added coconut with the cashews. Perfect bite to it.
- Luckily when both my lights went out in my car (random!) and my boyfriend and I pulled off to an exit that looked abandoned, a super sweet couple pulled over to see if they could help. Sadly, nothing could be done however, since we just happened to be close to the SFO airport they were on their way to their hotel nearby. They offered to have us follow them so we wouldn’t be stuck in murderers ally! We got to the hotel and their menu was filled with sandwiches and hamburgers and other fabulous things I wasn’t able to eat. So I chose the house salad with olive oil and lemon juice. Then it started raining and I was just happy to have shelter and something to eat.
Its days like this that make eating raw a bit more difficult that I had imagined!
Did I mention I was going to be having a few of these long work days? So not much/anytime to “cook”. But I couldn’t leave you hanging with no new thing to take away. So I have 3 new products for you. Enjoy!
- Synergy raw Kombucha. Honestly, its not something I grab from the fridge because I’m craving it. But I do know its good for me so throw it back!
Snack-Cucumbers olive oil w/salad booster
- My favorite seasoning-Living Intentions Salad Booster original. I basically put this on everything. Taste good…good for ya. Easy peasy
Dessert-Chocolate Ball Treats
- I loveeee chocolate. This is perfect! These treats are the perfect size and perfect taste. A MUST.
Another day out of the house. Making due with what I got! Another pretty mellow day but delicious as always. Loads of work and trying to get some peace and relaxation. On the menu for the day~drinks, smoothies, and a little taste of Thailand
Kiwi and cucumber
- 1 small cucumber, with peel
- 3 kiwifruits, peeled
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/2 bunch of Swiss chard, chopped
- 1/2 head of Romaine lettuce
- 4 to 6 ounces of filtered water
- Always a favorite.
- “I Am Adoring”-of course dessert came first. And I’m so happy I decided to choose this one. It is 100% my new favorite dessert! I fully plan on making this at home-at least attempting too
Drink-Cool minty cup of smiles
- “I am cool”-this fresh, green chocolate mint drink is something I can’t say no to and is a must every time I visit Cafe Gratitude. It’s super filling, delicious, and, if you can believe it…actually can be good for you! They add in some healthy green powder that nourishes your body. Top it off with a mint-its perfection
- After living in Thailand, Thai food is by far one of my favorites. So trying this dish, I should have had a little less expectations. It certainly wasn’t my favorite but it was ok. I left feeling like I could have had left only with I am adoring and I am cool And with the prices being a bit high, this probably won’t be something I try again. But it was nice to try! I definitely plan on trying my own pad thai recipe at home.
Today, was just one of those days that I couldn’t find the time eat! So rough! But from what I did get to munch on was good Busy, Busy day.
- Another fabulous taste for Living Intentions Apples, Mulberries, Raisins & Spice porridge. I love the chew of raisins and the kick of the spice! If you like apples, this has a lot of that too. Whole foods in Southern California actually has this in their bulk bin section! Heck yea. How bomb is that.
Lunch-Veggies with hummus dip
- Day 4 Hummus has it’s last of a good batch I think, so I just took some great veggies and covered it in the Zucchini hummus bliss
- Some green tea is always a nice way to end the day!
Today was rough. The hardest part of only eating raw is that when I work long hours or spend a long time on the road, I can’t just pull over to a subway and grab a quick and easy bite to eat. Although, then I remembered that it’s all possible just need a bit more experience a little time. I wish there was raw food anywhere I go-not just 2 or 3 cities.
Breakfast-mango with sesame seeds
- Fresh Mango slices is good any time of the day! Shake on some HealthForce Maca powder that unleashes a little hint of vanilla then sprinkle some sesame seeds on top….its perfection!
Dessert-I Am bliss!
- Cafe Gratitude Hazelnut Chocolate Cream Pie. You can never go wrong with Hazelnut. PS. yes dessert came first. Change it up! Plus, its great for digestion I haven’t made it at home yet, but I found the recipe for you! Remember, “You are bliss!”
- 1 c. hazelnuts
- 1 c. macadamia nuts
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 ½ ozs. Chopped dates
- ½ oz. irish moss
- 1 ½ cups hazelnut milk*
- ¼ c. agave nectar
- ¼ cup packed chopped dates
- 1/3 c. cacao powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 salt
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. lecithin
- ¼ c. + 2 T. unscented coconut butter (oil)
In food processer, process nuts, vanilla and salt until crumbly. Add dates while processing till mixture sticks together. Press into a greased, 9”pie plate.To make the filling
Blend rinsed and soaked irish moss w/ ½ cup of the hazelnut milk until very smooth and thick. Add remaining milk, agave, dates, vanilla, salt and cacao powder. Blend till smooth. Add lecithin and coconut oil , blending till incorporated. Pour into crust. Place in fridge/freezer until set (about 1 hour). When set, top pie w/ ½ recipe of meringue. Decorate w/ chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs.*to make hazelnut milk
In VM, liquefy ¾ cup hazelnuts with 1 ½ cups water. Blend 1-2 minutes, let sit for 10 minutes, then strain using a nut milk bag. Yields 1 ½ cups milk for recipe.
- Café gratitude is such a fabulous place. Its so sad they cut their menu in half. But they still offer some amazing, creating dishes. I wanted to try something I couldn’t eat at home. (no dehydrator) and thank goodness I tried the Enchilada. It was incredible!! Pour a little bit of their home made hot sauce and it’s perfection.
It’s officially been a week. When I first started this I thought I wasn’t going to survive. Now I’m realizing how much flavor I can create in things that are actually good for me! Today was definitely a turning point when I realized how I can make foods that I used to eat that were terrible for me and actually have it be 100% guilt free feeling
- Oatmeal/porridge isn’t that bad I supposed but to have a RAW option….incredible. Today I ate some Living Intentions Acai, Apple, Sultanas & Mangosteen Porridge. It was THE BOMB! Totally in love.
- If you’re eating raw for the first time or forever, ya know by now that a green “shake” should be in your diet. Today I decided to make a light green, healthy drink with some great taste that doesn’t taste like grass. The green powder at the end of the recipe is incredible! We can never eat enough greens and this is greens perfection! It is good for so many parts of the body and can do no wrong. (although definitely has a “green” taste, so add accordingly)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 green apple
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cucumber
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 banana
- 1/4 c water
- 1 c ice
- Health Force Vitamineral Green powder
Dinner-Spaghetti with marinara
- Thanks to my brothers incredible talent of “cooking” the best raw meals, I got to experience an unbelievable italian dish. Italian food is a weakness and I thought I was going to have to suffer through my cleanse without a bite of delicious carb goodness OH NO! After eating this, I may never eat that bowl of empty carbs again! So I’m here to share with you the awesomeness wish is Zucchini and Kelp Noodle Spaghetti. Good for 2 people
- 1 bag Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
- 1 zucchini cut in strips
- handful of cilantro
- 1/4 of red pepper
- 1 collared green leaf cut in strips
- 1/3 red pepper
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 large tomato
- head of basil
- 1 tspn Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 sun dried tomatoes
For a more meaty taste throw in some Fennel, paprika, cumin, sage, oregano, and basil!
It’s leftover day! When things are good….getting to eat them again is just lucky! On the menu today is Game Day Nachos and Hummus. That’s the nice thing about raw food, it doesn’t need to be heated and is still good the next day. Maybe not day 3, but definitely day 2 :)
Breakfast-bowl of fruit
- Strawberries, blueberries, mango, and watermelon sprinkled chia powder! All fabulous tastes with some superfood action. Plus, a perfect way to start the morning.
Lunch-left over nachos
- Check out Day 5 for this fabulous recipe…it definitely will be repeated before the end of my cleanse…and after!
Dinner-nacho sauce w/celery and hummus with carrots
- Leftover Nacho Cheese and leftover hummus with some yummy veggies.
Dessert-White chocolate nuts with tea
- I miss chocolate so much. What do I miss more than chocolate? WHITE CHOCOLATE! My new addictive dessert is Living Intentions White Chocolate Nuts. The taste is perfect. And RAW?! Yup, so good!
Still feeling good about this cleanse. I think whats really carrying me through this is the excitement of creating new and tasty recipes. My friends asked me about this cleanse and wondered what I was going to eat besides a bunch of salads. Well, this is my journey to find out what else there is to this wonderful world of healthy foods.
Breakfast-Cereal with help milk
- Cereal is definitely something I’m craving. I used to eat it every morning. And people always say to cut out the cereals because its not healthy and is just empty calories. So I was very excited to know that I could still eat my morning bowl of cereal with Living Intentions Cacao Crunch Cereal. (You’ll probably see me having this a few times a week!) The best part with the chocolate flavor is when it soaks in the milk, it gives me chocolate milk!
- I also made super healthy Hemp Milk in almost 2 minutes! This is a super healthy alternative to regular cow’s milk and was surprisingly quick to make!
- 1 c coconut water (for a lil sweeter taste)
- 2 c filtered water
- 1 c shelled hemp seeds
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tspn Vanilla
Lunch-Left over Cauliflower Mash
- I show that good lovin’ to left overs!
Snack-Epic Kale chips
- I never thought I would be a fan of kale but I am officially ADDICTED! Blessings Alive and Radiant Foods rocked these! I could easily finish the entire bag of the Quite Cheesy Kale chips! Crazy good.
Dinner-Epic Arugula Pumpkin Seed Pesto Lasagna!
- This day just keeps getting better. My mom and boyfriend aren’t eating these foods with me but when they tried this dish, they asked me when I was going to make it for them! HA. So good. I’m also not a fan at all of Zucchini, but this is the bomb. I know what I’m making again next week!!
- 1 c Arugula
- 1/3 c Living Intentions Ayurvedic Chili Blend Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 garlic gloves
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1/4 Sun Dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Handful of basil
- 3 tbsp natural yeast
- 1/4 Living Intentions Salad Booster Vegan Cheesy
- Small tomato
- Take a few slices of zucchini and place it on the place
- Next a tomato slice
- Top it with the Sauerkraut and Pesto
- Repeat the layers! ( I made 3)
- Top with raw cheese (if you’re not vegan)
Today just made me super stoked about what more creations I will make over the next month. If it looks like today, then I will be extremely satisfied. Definitely let me know what you think bout this one. “Cooking” is an invention and an art. Sharing, changing and mixing are all part of the process. And I can’t wait to share these with the world!